Sunday 11 December 2016

Christmas Menu at The Oyster Reach Ipswich

Howdy,

I recently went to the Oyster Reach Beefeater pub in Ipswich. Today's post is about my experience and what I chose off their christmas menu.

The day prior to visiting I booked a table for 3 people online with no problems at all. The online system worked perfectly and I received a confirmation email moments after.

On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff, who asked for my booking name and then took us to our table.

The table was clean and had everything laid out ready, glasses, cutlery etc. The only thing we didn't get until after the meal had finished was our christmas crackers... oh well.

You can't have a christmas dinner without a few bubbles so I had a glass of prosecco, this prosecco was very nice and not too sweet. Very reasonably priced too, this small bottle was less than £6.


I opted to have two courses for £15.99, a main and a dessert. For my main meal I had roast turkey with all the trimmings.

This included roast potatoes, chestnut & cranberry stuffing, a pig in a blanket, buttered sprouts, root vegetable mash, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. It was very delicious and the turkey was good quality meat, which you don't always receive in restaurants.

The sprouts were the real highlight for me, incredibly delicious and not over cooked.

The food came to the table piping hot, we were asked would we like any extra sauce, and overall the service was really good.



For dessert I had the Christmas brownie. This brownie comes served warm, with mince pie ice cream, caramel & chocolate sauce. As I don't like mince pies I asked for just vanilla ice cream.

This dessert is perfect for someone with a sweet tooth, the sponge was warm so the ice cream melted around it. The mix of chocolate and caramel sauce was incredible tasty too.

If you are after a hearty Christmas / Sunday meal then I really recommend the Oyster Reach, you won't be disappointed.
The staff were polite, friendly and attentive. In general, the Beefeater chain is not one that I rely on for the best experiences, but this one is by far the best I have tried.

Thanks for reading
Kara xx


























No comments:

Post a Comment