Sunday 14 May 2017

Yves Saint Laurent, volupté Tint-in-oil

Howdy,

This product has been out for a very long time (at least a couple of years). I picked mine up last year, but as of late I have been reaching for it most days and I will tell you why.

I have the oil in No.8, it's a really pretty pink/purple.

Firstly, have you seen the packaging? If there is one thing YSL know how to do, its how to do lovely packaging. It is totally eye catching and I like the fact that the colour round the tube reflects on the colour that is inside. So if you were to own a few you wouldn't have to go opening them or picking them up to see what colour they were.
I very much love the doe foot applicator as it is easy to give a precise application of this product and with the water melon scent it has it doesn't give you a funny taste in your mouth.

I wanted to try this oil before buying it to make sure I would like it, it is not greasy like a Vaseline and messy like you would imagine a body oil to be. After first applying, your lips are incredibly shiny which I quite like, it gives your lips a very subtle wash of colour. The oil is very moisturising so if your lips are dry it will soak in within half an hour, but what you are left with is a slight tint on your lips. By applying the oil again the tint then gradually gets darker so apply it as many times as you wish.

One of the things I love about this oil is the tint you are left with, it is not like some of the lip stains you can buy where it leaves a wash of streaky colour across your lips and quite often isn't even and you need to apply the product again. I find with the YSL, after a couple of applications I have a wash of colour for the whole day and all I tend to do is then apply a lip balm just to keep my lips hydrated. This is perfect if you are at work or out for the day on the go, no need to keep checking your lips. It is a very moisturising and easy way to have pretty looking lips all day.


Here are my lips with no product on them.

I am not wearing any make up and have not used a scrub or balm on my lips.












My lips straight after one coat of the lip oil
















Two hours later, I have eaten and drunk something too. It just keeps your lips moisturised and not sticky, I love the light wash of colour. Just helps to even out the natural colouring of my lips.












It looks so natural and a little goes a long way, I really enjoy using it. If you are not into bright colours or hate the feel of Vaseline or some balms on your lips then you may really enjoying this. I bought mine in Boots, on Oxford street where the selection is huge.

Thanks for reading
Kara xx



















No comments:

Post a Comment