Sunday 11 June 2017

Byredo Gypsy Water

Howdy,

Now this perfume I had on my wish list, it is very different to my usual BAM that's Chanel eau fraiche. You can spot that straight away, it is very popular and a lot of people have it or at least recognise the smell. I tried Gypsy Water on my bare skin a few months ago and loved it, it is always a good idea to try a perfume out on your naked skin first see how it works with your body chemistry. I work with someone who wears Chanel No.5 and it smells amazing on her, I put it on and it smells like cat pee :-/

I have the 100ml bottle, which is not cheap but when the 50ml bottle isn't far behind in price, it is worth paying a little extra and getting twice the amount. I must have mentioned this perfume quite a lot, as my husband surprised me with it for my birthday, Thanks Chippy xxx (don't ask about the name lol)

I really do like the very clean and none fancy packaging, the box is sturdy and with the infamous B logo on the top. Inside your perfume is presented to you with a small note in an envelope about the history of Byredo. I am sure if you took out the centre of this box you could easily reuse it to store small things in. I would say keep the box for travel but this 100ml bottle is not one you would travel with, it is just too big and heavy. It looks great on my vanity though! I have said before in many posts how I am a sucker for packaging and it's usually something fancy and shiny, but with this packaging I think the fact it is just so clean looking and not in your face at all, is why I love it. Plain is sometimes good.

I really do recommend Byredo as a brand and remember, don't take a perfume at first sniff, everything smells different on the skin compared to how it smells in the bottle and right after spraying. This perfume is unlike any I have had before and I am loving it, I sprayed some before writing this post. It is in no way heavy, floral or in your face smelling, I am loving it and I won't try and describe it to you cause I have no idea how to. Click this link if you are interested and what to read the notes in this perfume.

If you are in London go in Selfidges or Liberties and have a little sniff. Never know you might find a scent you love and suits you. I said in my wish list I love that this fragrance as is not available everywhere, you cant just jump into boots and purchase it. A lot of my friends on IG have a perfume by this brand and know all about it, but my friends in real life (like IG is make believe, maybe it is a joke to some lol) haven't heard about this brand. So its good to know I will smell different when I am out with them.

Thanks for reading
Kara xx












No comments:

Post a Comment