Sunday 20 August 2017

5 Things You NEED! Dior, Johnsons, Clarins, Sephora & Laura Ashley

Howdy,

I have 5 things that you need in your life, ok maybe you don't need them. Lets just say I highly recommend them, let me tell you for why..... ;-)

Diorskin Star Concealer


If you are lacking in sleep and have rather large under eye circles that need covering then this concealer is pretty good at doing that. I do find that you might need a second coat of it but if you set it with a little powder after, it is going to last all day. I can do a ten hour shift at work and avoid creasing. I love how hydrating it is too, I was worried about the colour not quite matching but I went to a Dior counter and got matched and it blends into my skin and looks like skin. I love it for under my eyes, its quite brightening and blends easily. Thumbs up for this awesome product!

Johnsons Baby Naturals Cream 

 

Now this I purchased just because it was on a reduced end cap in Boots, I paid the large sum of 37p. It is so moisturising and is one of the least greasest creams I have ever tried, my favourite non greasy cream is usually L'Occitane but this soaks in just as well. It smells just like all johnsons products, so nothing strong or overpowering. This would be perfect in the car or in your hand bag, being that it is so quickly absorbed. I would happily pay full price for this and I just hope it has not been discontinued like most products do when they are so heavily reduced. I like that you can apply after a shower and get dressed straight away, its a lovely cream to appply straight after shaving too as it is not highly scented so will cause no irritation.

Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara

 

I think this may be my new favourite mascara, over taking my Tarte lights camera lashes and my Marc Jacobs velvet noir! I love tarte for the lasting power especially as this one is not waterproof, but I dont seem to get as much volume and I love the Marc Jacobs for the incredible volume but I do have to check my eyes regularly for any flaking. With this Clarins mascara I can get length, volume and I honestly dont get a single flake of fall out. It will last you all day, no joke. I had someone ask me if I had had lash extensions when I have worn this mascara. I am using this mascra at the moment and it is starting to run out, I will for sure be buying another one but not just yet as I have a Marc Jacobs and a Tarte to use up first. Also another thing I love about this mascara is how you have amazing lashes from the first use, you dont need to use it for a week for it to become good like most mascaras and when it starts drying out you dont get clumps the formula just becomes dryer. This really is worth the money.
FYI, I am now onto the Marc Jacobs mascara and the smudging/full out is too much so its dropped from being a favourite! Shame really as it gives huge full lashes.

Sephora Pro Featherweight Brush 

 

Where to start with this brush, it honestly is the best brush I have ever owned. It is so soft, the softest I have ever felt, even softer that the new Real Techniques Powder Bleu range. It is quite a weighty brush and comes with a good handle length so I dont find it a bother, it washes a treat, doesn't shed and goes back to its normal shape after everywash. You can pick up minimal product or have a more heavy hand if you are after a fuller coverage. I found this brush gave me a more air brushed finish on my skin, better than any other brush I have in my collection. No cake face here, I really do recommend the whole Pro range from Sephora. They are totally worth the money and Sephora does ship to the UK now, I would 100% buy this brush again. I have just purchased the concealer brush and its just as good as using your finger, in terms of no streaks and blends out your concealer seamlessly. I might end up buying another brush when the next VIB sale starts just to save a few dollars as they are not the cheapest but are totally worth the investment.

Maddox Silver Floral Vanity Case

 

I have looked for a vanity case of a decent size and quality for such a long time and had not luck, I got really fed up of travelling and having to take so many little pouches full of products I wanted one that could at least take the bulk if not all of my items. I do take quite a few products when I travel, I have 6 for my hair alone. You trying having this hair and you would have that many too lol, just in case you wonder what they were I take, shampoo, conditoner, leave in conditoner, hair cream, mousse and spray. Now you know where a lot of my weight allowence goes when I travel.
Anyway back to this case, it is from Laura Ashely and has elasticated sections at the backwhere you are able to stand up bottles and padded dividers so you can dived your products into sections or just take them out these dividers and just fill the bugger up ;-)
 This case is square and remains upright, it doesnt slouch and would hold a lot of products, it will also fit into your suitcase nicely. The sides of the case are not solid so I would pack clothes around it for protection. But again as everything will be in just one case it shouldnt be a bother at all, there are two zips down each side and a magnetic button closure that secures all of your things. The handle on top is padded and very comfortable to carry, at the moment this case is just £18 and to me is totally worth it. The pattern and colour of this case is so pretty and looks so much better than any picture will show.

Have any of these items taken your fancy? What are your favourites of the last few months? I would love to know, come find me on instagram @kara1818 come and say hello. You will find more pictures of this items on my IG page too.

Thanks for reading 
Kara xx 

































No comments:

Post a Comment