Sunday 8 October 2017

Kinky Hot Oil Treatment From Lush

Howdy,

I found this hot oil treatment in my local Lush shop and it was half price, so thought I would give it ago. I have never used a hot oil treatment before so was excited to try it out. I followed the instructions and did as it said.

This "kinky" treatment is designed to hydrate curls, so I thought this is ideal for my hair type. Who doesn't want moisture added to their curls.

I used a large old mug to make up this treatment in and it became a paste, I put this all over my hair as instructed, put in up in a bun on top of my head and left it to work.




As it dried it got thicker and almost felt like vaseline, it was thick and greasy. It actually looked like a had smeared lard through my hair.
When it was time to wash it off, it took a lot of work and a two good shampoos to try and get it all out.





My hair was very soft after, but it did feel like it had a coating of something left on it. As my hair is so fine I don't like feeling I have something on it when it should be clean and free of product.

I wouldn't buy this again, as I felt it gave no benefit to my hair. Just weighed it down and was a bugger to wash out. As you can see by my hair here, my curls were not very well formed at all this is due to being weighed down with product.

I think I will just stick to the occasional bath bomb from Lush and leave the hair products for someone else.
Have you tried any hair products from Lush? Maybe I just picked one that did not suit my hair type.

Thanks for reading
Kara xx 















No comments:

Post a Comment